As the song says, “Are you looking for love in all the wrong places?” Funny thing about love, unless we love ourselves we can’t find love out there either. Our world reflects our beliefs, agreements and assumptions. If we don’t feel loved we can’t find love. I was depressed for years until I finally decided to learn how to love myself.
The good news is we literally swim in a sea of love so all we have to do is open our hearts and let the love in. We simply need to stop listening to our limiting beliefs, open our hearts and listen to our spirit instead.
Apply these 7 simple concepts and you will begin to feel loved and know you ABSOLUETLY ARE LOVABLE.
It helps when you realize:
- Feeling unloved is a belief and one that we can change
- All beliefs are just sentences we have repeated over and over again.
- There is no such thing as being unlovable. We can believe that but beliefs aren’t facts. Even people who have done unthinkable acts are loved by someone.
- First we need to fill our being with love. No one and nothing can make us feel loved, except ourselves.
- Feeling loved is a choice that takes willingness, practice and determination. If you feel unlovable you have practiced that belief until feeling unlovable seemed like a fact not a belief. So make a new choice and let the love in!
- Think about things that help you feel love. Perhaps holding a baby, watching a sunset, playing with a puppy or kitten, eating a Hot Fudge Sunday or _______________ you fill in the blank. Open your heart to love. Ask the creator of the universe to fill your heart with love and then allow it to happen. Remember you do swim in a sea of love every moment of your life. We have to believe otherwise in order to NOT feel the love.
- Decide to love yourself and then look in the mirror, right into your eyes and say, “I see you. I appreciate you. I accept you. I love you.” Do it several times a day until every cell of your being knows it is the TRUTH.
I get emails, questions and comments from people who feel unlovable or unloved. My heart aches because I know all they have to do is make a new choice and practice to allow themselves to be filled with LOVE. I have dedicated my life to helping people experience the magic and wonder that happens when we let the love in.
Breathe in love and breathe out anything unlike love – NOW.
With love and aloha,
I have on spot left in my coaching program if you want help letting the love in and the magic happen in your life. Click here to find out more.
Yesterday I finally moved the altar up to my office and today I received this video. One of those wonderful serendipities life can be full of when we align with our spirit.
So I share it here with you. For those of you in United States Happy Thanksgiving and for everyone else gratitude is one of the keys to a happy and abundant life. Enjoy!
With love and gratitude,
I am in the process of writing my next book. I was going through some old files and found this story. I loved it the first time I read it and I was never able to find its original author. I hope you enjoy this wonderful parable as well.
One day a farmer’s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hour as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.
Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway it just wasn’t worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his neighbors to come over and help. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. When the donkey realized what was happening he cried horribly. Then to everyone’s amazement he quieted down.
A few shovel loads later the farmer finally looked down the well, He was astonished by what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.
As the farmer’s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon everyone was pleasantly surprised as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off.
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, All kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells, just by not stopping, never giving up. Shake it off and take a step up.
Life is and then we tell ourselves a story – hopefully one that helps us get out of the well and not one that buries us in misery. The choice s always yours, choose joy!
With love and aloha,
I have one spot left in my coaching program, is it for you?
The last person would share the story with the group and then the first person would tell us what they actually said. We would all laugh about how much the stories had changed. It was an innocent party game, no harm was done.
Gossip, cyber bullying or failing to check our personal stories at the door often are far from harmless. Children have killed themselves because of the pain caused by bullying. All of the misery we experience in our lives has the same cause regardless of the events. The real cause of all suffering is separation from love, from our spirit and from divinity.
Life is and then we tell ourselves a story. We make our choices and react to life based on that story. If that story is one of fear happiness, joy and abundance are excluded from the equation.
What if love became our guiding force?
There is so much fear in this world. Just for today focus on what you love. Even if it is little things like I love the sun or the color blue. I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes, yummy yummy Lattes. Use the word love as often as you can today. Love, love, love. Practice loving things you may perceive as unlovable: dog poop on your shoe (someone loves that dog), loud neighbors (they are just enjoying life), yucky tasting food(someone is enjoying it). I think you get the idea.
This weekend I watched a documentary on OWN called Bridegroom. I was deeply touched and it all started with this YouTube video.
No matter what the question or the problem LOVE is always the answer. I’d love to hear your thoughts and feelings in the comment section below.
With love and aloha,