Sorry this post on tools to de-clutter your mind was a bit later than expected but the week just got away from me. So here are some of my favorite tools to de-clutter your mind and realign yourself and reinstate your connection to your spirit.
The short version is relax, enjoy the moment, reach out and help someone else and when all else fails take a nap.
- We get so wrapped up in ourselves, especially when we have an ‘issue.’ A friend of mine once said, “You make a very small package when you are all wrapped up in yourself.” So very true. When something is bothering us or isn’t working in our lives it often becomes our obsession. We think about it, talk about and worry about it. So get over yourself! Help someone else, volunteer, pick up liter, talk to a homeless person, help a neighbor or sit in meditation and send love to everyone and everything. They estimate there are or 10 trillion galaxies in our universe with between 100 billion and 200 billion stars in each galaxy. Those numbers can put any issue in perspective. But without you the universe would be incomplete so remember this too shall pass. So relax, reach out and enjoy the day.
- Looking in the mirror. Look directly into your left eye and say, “I love you.” Really feel loved. Think about someone or something your love. Fill yourself with that feeling and then look at yourself and project that feeling of love at yourself. Allow yourself to feel wrapped in a blanket of unconditional love. Do that every time your mind gets busy thinking. Feel loved instead.
- Read a relaxing book or one that speaks to your spirit.
- Do a walking meditation. Find a labyrinth and walk it.
- Chant – there are lots of wonderful chants on the internet.
- Dance. Put some music on and just lose yourself in dance.
- Go out and watch the stars.
- Call a friend and listen to them, just listen.
- Do something creative. I recently started coloring again. I love the coloring books for adults.
- Breathe. Really breathe deeply and mindfully. Breathe in love and breathe out anything unlike love.
Okay, now its your turn. What do you find works for you? Please share it in the comment section.
With love and aloha,